Grandparent’s visitation rights in Arizona
Although some grandparents don’t bother so much about their grandchildren, there are those who are heavily involved.
When parents separate because of death, divorce, or any other reason, such grandparents always want to ensure that they can still spend time with their grandchildren.
Arizona laws give grandparents the right to see or visit their grandchildren. However, there are situations where it can be difficult for grandparents to enjoy these rights especially if one or both parents are opposed to their request.
But with an experienced family law attorney in Scottsdale AZ, one can petition the court to grant them visitation rights even if both parents are opposed to it.
When can grandparents seek visitation rights?
Grandparents in Arizona can seek visitation rights for their grandchildren through the court if the request is in the best interest of the child or children.
A grandparent will only be granted a child’s visitation rights if one of the following is true:
- In case one of the legal parents is dead or has gone missing for at least three months
- If parents of the child have divorced for at least three months
- If the legal separation or divorce is pending or
- If the child was born out of wedlock and the parents aren’t married
In order to increase the chances of being granted the visitations rights, a grandparent also needs to hire a good family lawyer in Scottsdale AZ.
Factors that judges use to decide child visitation rights
- A grandparent’s past interaction with the child
- The grandparent’s intentions for filing the visitation rights
- Reasons why a parent or parents are opposed to grandparent visitation
- The amount of time being requested by the grandparents and how it may affect the child’s current schedule
Importance of working with a lawyer
Child visitation and custody laws are complex. You need to work with seasoned Scottsdale AZ family law attorneys from Fruchtman law firm in order to increase your chances of winning the case.
Our Office14301 N 87th St Suite 211
Scottsdale, AZ 85260